Okay, since I was gone at the end of class, I misunderstood the assignment. So I am redoing it. If you already responded on my other one, don't worry about it.
It's hard to say what the communication rules are because things are pretty much fair game in my house. On one hand, we are very Norwegian, so we can be very stoic with expressions and conversations.
1) We talk about money (rarely-until I became interested), but not in terms of actual figures. I'm the money talker in the house. I read Suze Orman books and tell them what I know. I try to get girl members of my family and friends to talk about money because women generally don't and they don't know what to do with their money (how to budget, invest, etc.). This is where i come in and get the ball rolling. I've noticed that now my family and friends talk about money more now too and will ask me for input.
2) We don't usually share what's "on our heart/mind" with other family members in too much depth. This is usually reserved for close relationships outside the family. Family communication is generally pretty surface (some depth), but when it really comes down to something big, you can turn to anybody in the family for support.
We can now talk about money in my family openly, however when I was growing up we never talked about my parents' finances.
ReplyDeleteWe also don't really have heart-to-heart conversations in my family unless we are on a one-to-one basis. As a group we are usually just quiet or goofy!