This is a tough one. I have no idea what my family will look like in 2025. I'm pretty traditional, so I imagine gender roles will be pretty strong, but not restrictive. My husband will do anything that requires lifting or strength in general such as shoveling, snowblowing, and other outdoor work. I don't mind cooking, but I don't want to do it all the time. I don't mind doing laundry either, so that means I'm probably doing the laundry. I hate vacuuming, so my husband does that or it doesn't get done.
As far as raising children, that's joint thing. I think men can be just as nurturing as a woman. Because I am a good communicator, it would seem natural that I would be the one that informs everyone, that everyone talks to, gets advice from, etc. However, I think it would be awesome if my husband were that way too. Then my children wouldn't see communication as a womans role, but they would see it modeled in both of us and see good communication as a way of life.
My husband will most likely be the breadwinner. He will make the bulk of the money and I will budget it. Most of all, he will be the spiritual leader in the family. Throughout our marriage, we will probably take turns with that, but overall, he will be the leader.
Also, my husband is amazing and has great taste in music.
I think that this role situation will be solid in 2025. Even though I think that 2025 is a long time from now, I doubt things will change too much. I like your take on your role and the fact that raising children should be a joint job.
ReplyDeleteI would have to agree, in 2025 this will still be a traditional way to raise a family. I think your understanding of Family and parenting as a partnership is important and will lead to a happier martial life that's not structured by rigid gender roles but more based on what makes the two of you and your children happiest.
ReplyDeleteI like your idea of a traditional family because that is my idea as well. I sincerely hope that this will still be considered traditional because that has what we have become to know as normal and acceptable, so I don't see any reason to change it.
ReplyDelete